Friday, August 20, 2010

Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

Heather Davis’s debut was not disappointing. I thought it was entertaining and fast paced. I would have liked some more relationship development between the main character Shelby and her love interest Austin but I still enjoyed the story.

Sixteen-year-old Shelby has had her fair share of boy troubles recently and it is her most recent tryst that has lead to her Father and step-monster totally overreacting and banishing her to a brat camp for the summer. Luckily she at least gets to select the camp but if she screws it up she will be sent to Red Canyon—aka boot camp from hell! So Shelby is off to the artsy Camp Crescent. The level of cheesiness is off the charts at this camp but Shelby starts to overlook that when Austin Bridges appears on the scene.

Austin is cute, charming, mysterious, and the son of a rock star….who could ask for more? Shelby soon starts to realize that Austin may be hiding a secret that she never dreamed possible. Even worse is that Shelby is the only person he trusts to help him keep his secret which means Shelby’s history of getting into compromising situations is far from over.

Heather Davis delivered a great debut novel. Things don’t wrap up as well as the reader usually expects but that just makes it more realistic (well as realistic as a werewolf book can be). I also think that a certain scratch could leave room for a second book which I would defiantly pick up but I have not heard if there is another one planed. If anyone knows, leave me a comment with details so I can add it to my to-read list. Happy reading!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails