Saturday, August 7, 2010

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Warning if you have not read the first book in this series, The Hunger Games, this review will contain a spoiler or two. I started this book the same night I finished The Hunger Games. After much crying over Rue I was nervous for what the second book in this series had in store. Catching Fire was just as amazing as the first book even though I once again cried my eyes out about Rue when Katniss and Peeta toured District 11.

The Hunger games are now officially behind them. Now Katniss can move on with life right? Wrong. Her perceived act of defiance (that kept Peeta alive) has made her the catalyst for an uprising against the Capital. Katniss, "The girl who was on fire" has created a spark and now she will have to face the consequences. Suddenly Katniss has much bigger problems then her conflicting feels for Peeta and her best friend Gale.

On top of everything, it is the 75th anniversary of the Hunger Games which means that it is the year of the Quarter Quill. The Quarter Quill is a Hunger Games with a twist, which no one knows about until it is announced just before the reaping. This year the twist is worse then Katniss could have imagined.

I can’t wait for the third and final book in this series, “Mockingjay.” Like I mentioned in my review for The Hunger Games, I am glad in a way that I waited to start this series for so long because I only have to wait two more weeks to read the conclusion. I am a little worried about Peeta and Katniss. I really like Gale but he is no Peeta. Once again Suzanne Collins has written a story that pulls the reader in and creates a permanent connection with the characters.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this series and I think you did an awesome job on the review. It is a 5 star series and a must read. I also hope that Peeta and Katniss end up together. He has proven his love to her time and time agin. I am so excited that we are only two weeks away from the final installment of the series!!

Anne said...

I know! I mean Gale is great an all but come on Peeta has been in love with her since they were kids and he has proven that he would literally DIE for her if needed. I mean you cant get more devoted then that right?

ayundabhuwana said...

I love this series. And I just can't wait for Mockingjay!

Anne said...

only 11 more days!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails