Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

This book was very cute. I have to admit that I found the fish slang to be a little hokey but other then that I enjoyed the story. The main character, Princess Waterlilly "Lily" is strong, loyal, and extremely stubborn, all good qualities depending on the situation. The only thing I found frustrating was her persistent denial regarding how she feels about Quince/Brody and how they feel about her. But I won't spoil the story for you by diving into that anymore. Quince was amazing! He is the other main focus of the story and I figure if Lily doesn't want him I'll take him :) The rest of the supporting characters were very well developed and really added to the atmosphere of the world Lily lives in and the situation she is faced with.

Lily is seventeen and quickly approaching her eighteenth birthday. It is on that birthday that she must be bonded "kind of like marriage" or she will lose her rights to the thrown. Lily is the only daughter to the King of Thalassinia, a mer-kingdom located about 45 miles east, off the coast of Florida. Lily has spent the last three years on land living with her mother's sister. After discovering that her mother was a human she wanted to learn more about that world. From the first time she saw Brody Bennett she was hooked (pun totally intended). Brody is hot (bonus), and at home in the water so he would make the perfect mer-mate as far as Lily is concerned.

Quince is Lily's next door neighbor and he drives her crazy. He has done everything in his power to make Lily miserable for the last three years. But through a cruel twist of fate she ends up being bonded to him instead of her crush. Now she has to convince everyone that they should be separated before the bond becomes permanent and Quince becomes a merman forever.

This was my first book by Tera Lynn Childs but I have heard good things about her other series, "Oh. My. Gods." If "Forgive my Fins" is any indication then I will have to pick them up. "Forgive my Fins," was a fun summer read and I recommend it to all. If you do enjoy this book you will be happy to learn that there is a sequel, "Fins are Forever" is set to release summer of 2011!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails