Monday, September 13, 2010

Evermore by Alyson Noel

I really enjoyed this book. It has a similar aspect as the book Fallen (which I adored). Ever is dealing with the loss of everything she has ever known or cared about, her mom, dad, sister, dog, home, friends, boyfriend etc. Her life is turned upside down after a car accident kills her whole family. Now ever is living with her aunt in California. Despite her huge loss Ever does gain a gift (not that she sees it that way). Ever is now psychic. She can see auras (a colorful glow a person gives off that let her know how they are feeling), but that’s not the worst of it. Ever can hear peoples thoughts and even learn a person's life story simply by touching them. Ever is forced to shut herself away from everyone to quiet the noise in her head until Damen comes along. He somehow is able to break through the noise and silence it.

Damen is gorgeous, exotic, wealthy and Ever is immediately drawn to him despite his mysterious nature. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. As the secrets come out Ever will discover just how close her and Damon are and what really happened the night of the accident that killed her family.

I was really glad that I didn't know what Damen was going into the book because I loved finding out when Ever did. I even found myself laughing out loud when Damen refutes her first guess. I finished this book in a little over a day. This series is worth a read!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails