Saturday, March 20, 2010

Need by Carrie Jones

I read this back in December and was pleasantly surprised with it. It was not what I was expecting. I must not have read the synopsis very well before I bought this book and to be honest I probably wouldn't have picked it up if I had known that it was about evil Pixies. I have read a lot of different young adult books (my favorite genre) but I tended to steer clear of book that I considered "fantasy" and pixies/fairies fall into this category in my mind. I love supernatural books but Pixies just didn't sound scary or all that intriguing....until Need. Anyways, the moral of this story is dont be so quick to judge because this book was really good.

Zara White has a strange fixation with phobias that serve as chapter headings and provide additional humor into the story. Since Zara's stepfather's death a strange man keeps appearing, Zara may be the victim of a stalker and she soon decides to relocate to Main. Her grandmother Betty lives there. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town. Its also seems like her friends (including the sublimely hot Nick) as well as Betty know more then they let on. They also might have some secrets of their own.

I was truly excited to continue this series when I was done. The next book "Captivate" continues the story about Royal Pixies, Weres, and the war that is brewing...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails