Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

I really liked this book because it wasn't predictable. Nora Grey never had much interest in the guys at school, despite the incessant pleas from her best friend Vee to get out there more. A sudden change in seat assignments finds Nora with a new lab partner, Patch. Patch is nothing like Nora, he is sarcastic and very forward. Nora is furious at first but that quickly turns into intrigue the more she encounters Patch. Part of her is urging her to run away screaming but another part is drawn to him. Why is it that every time she crosses Patch’s path something terrifying and unexplained seems to happen? There is defiantly something different about his guy and Nora is determined to find out even if it puts her life at risk.

The fallen angle spin that Becca Fitzpatrick put into the story was different and interesting. Patch was a very dark character which made him very intriguing. I have to say that I love a bad boy! My favorite character type is the good guy masquerading as the bad boy and I think that this describes Patch perfectly. Patch has his own agenda and tries so hard to focus on it and ignore his attraction to Nora but in the end his sweet, protective, smolderingly sexy side wins out. *sigh* lol

Nora was a great character. The fact that she has such a strong head on her shoulders was refreshing. Dealing with the recent death of her father has been difficult and the events surrounding his murder are a bit of a mystery to her. I have to admit that of all the characters, I wasn't a big fan of her friend Vee. She was a necessary character but I found myself annoyed with how self absorbed she seems. I would have smacked that girl if she was my best friend! Lol

This was an amazing book and I recommend it to all! I am excited to read the next book in the series Crescendo which is due out November 16th 2010. If you want to read the prologue & first chapter of Crescendo visit Becca’s site or Click Here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails