Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dark Flame Reading and Signing in Chi-town!

I ventured into the Chicago area to meet Alyson Noel author of the Immortals series. It was a strangely surreal experience. I left Bloomington around 4pm and was about 10 miles from my exit when I got a text (via Twitter) from Alyson saying how bad the storm was. I didn’t think it was that bad. I mean the skies were dark but there wasn’t even any rain where I was. Then all of a sudden BAM! I am talking torrential downpour. It was so bad that many people pulled onto the shoulder because it was so had to see 10 feet in front of the car. I was determined to make it to the event so I powered through (may seem silly but I was confident I would be fine – which I was since I am writing this post :). Then I missed my turn and got lost in the madness. There were flooded street and almost all street lights were out near the Border I was heading to. So I finally got there (20 minutes early even) and I was able to snag a front row seat! Sweet!

They announced Alyson had made it and …ok you really have to visualize this to get the full impact. Alyson walks up and says “Hi, well thanks for…” cue power outage and emergency lights. No joke I had barely even turned my head to see her walk to the front when suddenly I could see anything. Lol Alyson being the good sport she is continued on and did a reading from Dark Flame (she read the first Summerland scene in chapter 9) by flash light.

Then we did Q & A and found out about lots of cool up and coming things Alyson is working on. Even a new series about a girl who will be the next shaman! This series has not even been started but Alyson hopes to have it out by early 2012. I know I will be in line to buy that if it is even ½ as good as The Immortals Series! After Q&A I got all four of the books in the series signed and chatted with Alyson about the fact that I will be moving to California in Oct so I will be attending her “Night Star” signing there. I was one of the first to get my stuff signed so I was out of the darkness early. It was an event to remember for sure. The funny thing is that the power outage was almost fitting considering she was here to promote “Dark Flame,” all that was missing was the candle and we would have been all set :).

2 comments:

Alyson Noel said...

LOL- It was a signing I will never forget! Thanks so much for braving the storm, and the next time I see you, it will be in CA! I'll bring the candles-even though I doubt we'll need them!

Thanks again!

Alyson

Anastasia Hopcus said...

That is hilarious! It sounds like the set-up for a horror movie. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails