Monday, May 3, 2010

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

I have been anticipating this book for months. I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. It had a great plot that really drove the story. I couldn’t seem to put it down. My one criticism for the book was the length. I think that it could have been a little longer (and not just because I wanted more to read). I thought that the interactions between Teagan and Garreth could have been more descriptive and I would have liked to here Garreth talk more about what it is like to be in a "human" body.

Teagan McNeel is your typical seventeen year old girl. She lives with her single mother, hangs out with her best friend Claire every weekend, and trudges her way through high school. Then the dreams start. She feels like she is being watched. She is also confused by how differently she responds to the dreams. Sometimes she is left feeling warm and comforted, while others she is cold and scared. At least they are only dreams….or are they? When they suddenly start to happen at school Teagan thinks that she is loosing her mind.

Then the fantastically gorgeous new guy Garreth Adams pops into her life. He is perfect in every way and she is shocked that he seems to have his sights set on her. What Teagan doesn’t know is that Garreth is her Guardian and he is here to protect her from his enemy Hadrian. Hadrian is the (also stunningly gorgeous) dark angel plotting to enslave all Guardians and by proxy, their human charges. The conflict that Teagan has between her love for Garreth and the pull she feels toward Hadrian opens the door for an interesting sequel. Which is on its way, but once you read Angel Star I’m sure you will agree that it can’t come soon enough! So If you haven’t already make sure to add this to your "to-read" list.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails